As a reminder:
- When you see lightning apply the 30-30 rule. Count the time until you hear thunder and if the time is 30 seconds or less, seek proper shelter promptly.
- If you can’t see the lightning and only hear thunder, seek shelter quickly.
- Get the players off the field and into cars. Do not seek shelter under a tree.
- You must wait one-half hour (the 30-30 rule) after the last lightning flash before returning to the field to play.
- Once you clear the players from the field, please do not send them back out to collect balls. You can collect equipment after the storm passes.
- Games abandoned due to lightning can be made up unless your BAYS division director determines the result is final.