Our “grade appropriate” policy means that players must sign up for the appropriate age group, with the exceptions listed below:
- Kindergarten or pre-kindergarten children who do not meet the age requirement for U6 clinic are not eligible to play in the U6 Clinic program but may be able to participate in our U5 program.
- Grade appropriate players may request to play up an age group if they have birth dates that place them in an age group with players attending a lower grade in school. For example, a third-grader whose birth date places him in a U8 league can request to play with other third graders playing in U9.
- Players may also “play down” to their school grade. For example, a player whose age puts that him/her in U11 (typically fifth graders), but is still in fourth grade, may request to play in the U10 intown league. Please note, players on select teams cannot play down an age level regardless of grade.
- All requests to play down one grade level on a traveling team are subject to approval by the Boston Area Youth Soccer (BAYS) Competition Committee.
- U16 players are eligible to play on U18 teams.
- The ASC reserves the right, with parent/guardian permission, to place a player one age group higher due to roster limitations in the correct age group or a shortage of players in the higher age group.